Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday 12th

So, it's 11:30 pm and we all only just checked into the hotel at Tucson, Arizona a little while ago. On the way over, I was thinking about what we have experienced over the last two days and how that can help us when we get back home and back to work.
This time, we have been the customer ....  every step of the way. I am sure we each have some stories to tell, but here is mine.
Qantas:  Great service, excellent new A-380, great movies and lots of food. But something has changed, and it might sound silly, but to me it was important. The blankets are now only half the size and thickness they used to be (I was cold ... for 14 hrs). I am not complaining, but I noticed that they sneaked that cost saving in and it messed with my comfort.
At LA, our van driver was there waiting for us, he waited for over an hour due to customs, but he still had a smile on his face ( at 7am) and he was very friendly. It was a great welcome into the USA.
Hotel California was okay. The owners were not the most helpful or friendly people, but did accommodate our needs. Unfortunaly I left something very valuable in my room (stupid mistake), and called within minutes of departing the hotel. I was promised that it will be kept for me to pick-up later in the day. In the end, they forgot about me, and when I went to collect it, it was nowhere to be found. I will not go back and will not recommend to my friends. I expected more value in both the hotel and service considering the price. Great location and great to say we have done it ! One night was enough.
Our van driver today:  Arived on time, and got us to Universal Studio's on time. He gave me his number in case we need him before scheduled departure time, which in the end we did do. He was there on time. We had to swing past the hotel to collect our luggage, which the transport company remembered, but forgot that we needed a van big enough. I was stressing, but the driver was cool as a cucumber and by the time I got back to the van with my luggage, he had it all sorted ( great service recovery). We then pushed the limits a bit further and asked if he would swing by IN-n-OUT ( apparently best burgers in LA). Once again,  no issues and he patiently waited the half hour it took us all to enjoy our very tasty burgers. If you ever need transport in LA, let me know. I can recommend a good one.
And finally, the best experience so far !  Larry our Universal Studio's guide. He had us excited about the day before we even set foot outside. He was fun and really made our day  fantastic. I asked him if we could modify the day so that we can leave at 4pm. He had us out of there at 3:55pm.  Next time, I will definitely ask for Larry.
These are only a couple of stories, but I think the guys have gone through that many different service delivery experiences over the last two days, that we could talk about it for a long time. I hope everyone learned something from each of the experiences and think about our customers next time we are out there working with them.
Now for some photo's:

At Universal City on our way to the Studio's we found this !


Just as imporant as the Hollywood hill photo, everyone has to have one of these !!


After we met Larry and had a bit of an overview of the day, it was off to the first event of the day. And what better way than to start your day off with The Simpsons.  A simulated roller coaster ride, which had us all in stitches. 


Then Larry rushed us off to the Jurassic Park ride ....... wish I had a photo to show the soft guys who wore  raincoats so that they don't get wet !! But alas ....


Somebody was waiting for us when we came out ......


There is no point denying this ever happened. The Mummy indoor roller coaster ride ....


 Now, this one is especially for Jason's family back at home .....


Terminator .... what can I say. It was a fantasic show.  Of course, we are all tuff ....

Matt ...


Dusty .....


Andrew ...


Jason .....


Dave ....


But of course, the toughness did not last long for some ...  I though I heard someone say something about Elite Day Care ............


The Wannabee's are back in town for one show only.


And here is the bus that took us around the studio's. It may look like any ordinary bus, but this little unit transforms into the most excellent simulator as a car in  King Kong 4D,  a boat in Jaws and a train in a Subway earthquake.

When asked to do something "Back to the Future-ish" they were perplexed. So in stepped Larry with this great idea for a pose !!


Boys and Fire Engines ....  I just don't get it.


Andrew found a good mate in the props warehouse.


And I jumped into this one, because the owner of the hotel seemed like such a nice guy .... His name is Norman.


If you can manage to the read the back-pack then you will know who this wally is ...


Maybe the first snack was not enough ......



Talking about snacks. I found this photo we took at IN-n-OUT. We were told they are only in California, so made the special effort to get there for dinner.  And what do we see when we arrived in Tucson .. you got it.

And, I just have put a picture in here of Larry ... 

So, now we are here in Tucson. ...

Big day tomorrow and what we have been waiting for. Nobody on the trip has been to Tinaja Hills Demonstration Centre, so all very keen to see what it is all about.
We will let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment